We’re approaching our fifth birthday, so it’s time to celebrate the places that make our city truly unique with the return of our Leeds Independent Awards this autumn – the only Leeds awards voted for by public.
We’re thrilled to announce that we’ll be hosting the Leeds Independent Awards 2016 this October – and we’re looking for your nominations for each category right now!
Simply fill in the form below to make your nomination. You can nominate for every category, or just one – it’s up to you. You can nominate anywhere in Leeds, it doesn’t have to be in the city centre. All nominations are completely anonymous.
Following feedback from our very first awards, we’ve added some new categories for this year. You can nominate in just some or all of the following categories:
- Best daytime place to eat
- Best evening place to eat
- Best place to drink
- Best place to shop
- Best family-friendly place to visit
- Best place to treat yourself
- Best new business
- Best business owners
What are the rules about nominations?
Our rules are very short and simple when it comes to nominations:
- The business must be located in a Leeds postcode – these are the city’s awards after all!
- The business must be independently owned – no more than three stores/branches with no corporate investors
- Where supporters are found ‘spamming’ the system with nominations (we can identify nominations only by an IP number) we may have to dismiss nominations as unfair
- For the ‘Best new business’ category, businesses MUST have opened between January 2015 and July 2016
Nominations will be cut down to a shortlist later in the year based on number of nominations, with the awards taking place in October at a top Leeds venue. Check back to find out who’s made the shortlist and cast your vote – or follow us on Twitter to get all the latest news.